Tosco bekkens

Gestart door PJC, feb 03, 2012, 00:32

« vorige - volgende »

Omlaag

PJC

feb 03, 2012, 00:32 Last Edit: feb 03, 2012, 00:33 by PJC
Hallo allemaal,

Ik heb me vandaag een 16" Tosco crash aangeschaft uit de jaren '70/'80.
Hij klinkt echt wel heel goed en heb er absoluut niet veel voor betaald.
Ik heb een beetje informatie proberen te zoeken op het net over Tosco bekkens maar zoveel info vind ik er nu ook weer niet over. Dat het Italiaanse bekkens zouden zijn, ...
Weet iemand mij en de anderen hier op het forum misschien wat meer interessante info over te geven?

Alvast bedankt!

Groetjes,
Pieterjan

Animal baars

Klein beetje info die ik vond na wat googelen:

Citaat
Back in the 80s, the Italian made Tosco Cymbals were sold in the States as a "budget" cymbals. They were like a "poor man's K" type thing. They had a very low & dry, hand-hammered quality which is excellent for Jazz. I bought an entire set : 20" 18" 16" 14" hihat. I still have them stored, and though I now use Ks exclusively, I love these Toscos.

In the 90s Tosco was bought out by Sabian, and they produced "Tosco by Sabian" series. After that another company took over, but I cannot remember the name. This company agressively promoted Tosco Cymbals for a very short preriod of time. The cymbals were reviewed on Modern Drummer magazine, and I remember full-page ads as well. But this effort was short lived. All the sudden Tosco disappeared, and I never heard about them again.

Today, it's really hard to come across these Toscos on market. On eBay I pay close attention to Tosco. They are rare, inexpensive but in my opinion very excellent quality. I just got another 20" Ride from eBay for $60 and I just love it..

bron

Citaat
The grandson of one of the UFIP founders, Buiani, started Tosco with GIovanni Spadacini in 1973. According to the Cymbal Book, the first castings were made in 1974, Robert Zildjian bough the Tosco factory in 1979 and used it to produce Sabian B8 cymbals in the 1980s. In any case the Tosco factory was closed in 1986.

Citaat

Here we have a cymbals distibuted by Ludwig (by Tosco). Tosco produced machine-hammered and hand-hammered cymbals. There are also reportedly "Tosco (by Sabian)" cymbals produced between 1982 and 1985.
Frankly, many of the later UFIP stencil brands were for low quality cymbals. Spizzichino cymbals are, by contrast, the creme de la creme…

bron