Yamaha DTX XP 120 T silicone pad

Gestart door musiqman, sep 19, 2011, 14:53

« vorige - volgende »

Omlaag

musiqman

sep 19, 2011, 14:53 Last Edit: sep 19, 2011, 23:36 by musiqman
Een keer of 5 gebruikt en al geruime tijd in de opslag. Da's natuurlijk doodzonde.

Inc. kabel. Tomhouder na overleg mee te leveren.

Adviesprijs 424,- (bij Thomann 355,-) mag nu weg voor 250,- inclusief verzending.

Perfect te gebruiken als snare pad (icm met de nieuwere Yamaha modules werkt de knop als effect knop) of bijvoorbeeld kickpad,  extra tom of side snare.

Bij aankoop van een of meerdere de vele andere te koop aangeboden producten geld natuurlijk korting ;)
http://link.marktplaats.nl/471505012

Pm of mail voor meer vragen of interesse.

Review van Mike Dolbear:
Citaat
So what have they done? Well, the pads are totally new, come in new sizes (for Yamaha) and have a few tricks up their sleeves. The pad material is made from 'textured cellular silicone' which is a silicone gel type material with thousands (if not millions I guess) of tiny bubbles in it (if you bite into a Whispa bar you'll see something similar in the chocolate). Now, because the silicone is not solid, changing the amount and size of the bubbles in the silicone adjusts the rebound or feel of the pad. Taking advantage of this, the pads have a different feel depending on their use or size. For instance, the 12" snare pad is the 'tightest' feeling and is bouncier than the two 10" toms which are looser feeling like rack toms are. These in turn are 'tighter' than the two 12" tom pads which feel more like 14" or 16" floor toms. You can actually hear the pitch of the pads going down as you play the snare pad, then the 10" toms then the 12" tom. But you had better be listening rather carefully as these pads are quiet. And I mean quiet - there's no 'tick' tick'-ing here. The pads have quite a low acoustic pitch to them and on an A/B test with a mesh pad are much less audible. I'm not sure how much quieter they actually are, but the mesh head sounded rather clattery in comparison.

The actual playing surface is a very tough, rough material and most importantly, it's white. This immediately makes the pads look clean and much more 'drummy' than previous Yamaha pads, and I'm sure it's psychological but they just made everything look great.

The rims of the pads are rubber over a metal frame. There are two rim zones so rim shots or cross sticks are easy to achieve regardless of whether you are left- or right- handed and being pressure triggers, you won't get any cross triggering from rim to head or vice versa. There are also controller knobs on the snare and tom pads which can be assigned to snare release, tuning, click tempo, filtering, sound selection etc as before.

The snare and tom pads also have something I haven't seen before in the way they are constructed. Each pad's surface floats on the pad's body on six sprung loaded shock absorbers. These shock absorbers act in two different ways - firstly they provide the head surface with the ability to move up and down, absorbing the shock of the impact of the stick and secondly, they help the pads reject vibration coming up through the mounting hardware. The snare pad has longer shock absorbers so the whole pad is much deeper than the tom pads. This is so it can be mounted on a standard snare basket and the floating surface can be held clear of touching the basket arms. The pads all feel rather substantial and nicely solid and the tom pads mount onto a standard Yamaha hex tom arm.